Job Opening at ECC
Reports to: VP Finance & Administration/Controller
Emerald Cities Collaborative, Inc. (ECC) is a small national not-for-profit network of organizations working to advance a sustainable environment in the metropolitan regions and low-income communities of color by developing energy, green infrastructure, and other sustainable development projects.
Reporting to ECC’s Controller/VP Finance & Administration the office manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the national and local offices. The position is based in the national headquarters in Washington, D.C The Operation Manager will ensure that ECC maintains the systems and procedures to support program implementation and to ensure back-office support for 6 field offices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Point person for office maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, and bills;
- Responsible for telecommunications and effective external communications;
- Basic bookkeeping and payroll support;
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments; including executives’ schedules, calendars and appointments;
- Maintain office policies as necessary;
- Coordinate IT support on all office equipment;
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time;
- Provide general support to visitors;
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current;
- Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides and making presentations;
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
Energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, strategic thinker, good communicator, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a national team of diverse people.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and unwavering commitment to ECC’s nonprofit’s mission;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven office management, administrative experience;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Proficient in MS Office and computer skills;
- Knowledge of accounting and Quickbooks helpful;
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: Commensurate with experience.
Please forward resume to:
Emerald Cities Collaborative
Attn: Office Manager
1140 Connecticut Ave., Suite 900B
Washington, D.C. 20036
ECC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Job Openings at Other Organizations
Island Press is recruiting for interns. The job description can be found on the IP employment page: http://islandpress.org/