Partnership for Working Families Launches ‘2x2 Campaign’ To Improve Lives of Two Million in Two Years
The Partnership for Working Families, an ECC board member, has announced the launch of its 2x2 Campaign to improve the lives of two million people in two years.
An inaugural reception will take place Thursday, January 29, at the AFL-CIO headquarters in Washington, D.C. ECC President and CEO Denise Fairchild is a member of the Host Committee.
The partnership said its “ambitious” campaign will seek to:
- Pass and enforce minimum wage, paid sick leave and other pro-worker policies;
- Transform cities’ waste systems to create good jobs, slow climate change and boost community health;
- Create construction careers that provide a pathway to the middle class for low-income people and people of color;
- Win community benefits, like local hiring and living wages, from development projects;
- Advocate for accessible and green public transit; and
- Promote affordable and safe housing.